South African Summer – The sun comes up earlier, and sets later. The promenade and is buzzing with everyone getting ready for their December bodies. With summer almost upon us it is important to stay cool and hydrated. A creative way is to try these go-to fruit-infused water recipes.
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT-INFUSED WATER
Follow these instructions regardless of what recipe you try.
- Thinly slice or cube the fruits and vegetables for the recipe, and add to a large pitcher.
- Add approximately 8 glasses of water to your pitcher.
- Allow your water to infuse for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, strain the infused water and pour it into a glass with ice.
- Add fresh slices of the fruits or veggies around the rim of the glass for garnish. Enjoy!
FRUIT-INFUSED WATER RECIPES
These fruit-infused water recipes are ideal for cooling off during a summer heatwave.
- Strawberry Twist — For this delightful citrus-and-strawberry concoction, grab your cutting board and a mix of seasonal and year-round fruit favorites. Add one pint of sliced strawberries, one chopped lime, 1/2 of a sliced cucumber, and a generous handful of fresh mint leaves to your pitcher.
- Orange-Raspberry Water — Equally balanced with tart citrus and sweet berry notes, this easy-to-make fruit-infused water is a fan-favorite. Convince the kiddos that drinking their fruit is cool! Lightly crush one pint of raspberries and add them to your pitcher along with one sliced orange. Add more orange on your second go-round for an added kick.
- Ginger-Pineapple Water — This tropical mix will remind you of your favorite beachside cocktails. The trick with this two-ingredient recipe is to be generous with the ginger. Slice about 4 cups, or a pound, of pineapple and add it to your pitcher. Then, slice 8 round pieces of ginger, smash them to release the juices, and add those as well.
- Veggie-Infused Water — Focus on nutritious vegetables for this water infusion recipe. Cube one large beefsteak tomato, chop two stalks of celery, and dice one red bell pepper. Remove all stems and seeds before adding the veggies to your pitcher.
- Lemon-Infused Water — It doesn’t get any easier than this. Thinly slice two lemons and add them to your pitcher. You can adjust future batches with more lemons for more concentrated flavor
HOW LONG DOES FRUIT-INFUSED WATER LAST?
Enjoy the recipes above within two days of serving for optimal freshness. Depending on the fruits and vegetables used, your infused water may start to taste or smell different after this time. Share your fruit-infused creations with family members on hot afternoons, and the entire pitcher will be empty in no time!
BENEFITS OF FRUIT-INFUSED WATER
Fruit-infused water provides a tasty, refreshing alternative to still water that can help improve your daily water-drinking routine without the added sugar and calories of soda. Plus, essential nutrients from the fruits and vegetables you infuse could potentially provide health benefits. It’s a win-win!
To enjoy fruit-infused water without a distinct chlorine taste or a hint of rotten egg smell, outfit your home with an Ultimate Water Pentair drinking water filtration kit that will provide your family with fresher, better-tasting, trusted water. Will you stick to one of our recipes or modify them to make something all your own?
Shop online: https://ultimatewater.co.za/product-category/water-filtration-kits/
Need installation, no problem.
Add installation to cart, and we will arrange for one of our trusted installation guys to put the filter in your home.
If you need your water tested contact us!
- +27(0)21 556 7418
YOU CAN ORDER A WATER DRINKING KIT ONLINE FROM OUR WEBSITE.
Ultimate Water Drinking Water Filtration KitProduct on sale
Everpure PBS-400 Under Counter Drinking Water SystemProduct on sale
Ultimate Water Coffee Filtration KitProduct on sale
Everpure IN-10 Inline Water FilterR850.00
Everpure PBS-400 Replacement FilterR1,499.00
Everpure S-100 Replacement FilterR1,199.00