The body needs water to function. Dehydration occurs when more water leaves the body than what the body takes in. Dehydration can be life threatening.
What does water do for the human body? Avoid dehydration.
- Prevents loss of memory as you age
- Lessen addictive urges
- Water allows for efficient cell repair
- Dehydration taxes the heart by causing it to pump faster to gt sufficient oxygen to your muscles
- Allows red blood cells to carry oxygen more efficiently, resulting in better muscular function and increased mental acuity
- Water is essential for the body to sweat and release toxins
- Cleanse toxic waste from various parts of the body and carries it to the liver and kidneys for removal
- Lubricates joints and lessens discomfort from arthritis or back pain
- Slows down the aging process and makes skin smooth
- Without the flow of water there’s insufficient water to remove waste and toxins through your stool
Dehydration symptoms may vary depending on the severity of the problem and whether they are occurring in adults or children.
For mild dehydration, treatment may require nothing more than increasing your fluid intake. In more severe cases, restoring the body’s internal balance may require replacing both water and electrolytes. Oral rehydration solutions are readily available without a prescription and should be resumed until urine starts turning clearer in colour.
Severe dehydration may require hospitalisation for intravenous fluid and electrolyte replacement, as this will deliver the necessary balance of fluids and salts to the body much faster. In cases where dehydration is related to vomiting or diarrhoea, it may be necessary to treat these with the appropriate medication.
Can it be prevented?
Dehydration prevention is as simple as ensuring that you take in enough fluids throughout the day. In normal conditions, clean water is completely adequate for hydration.
It’s also important to take into account that there are times when you may need to increase your fluid intake, such as periods of exercise or hot weather conditions when sweating is increased and illness (particularly those in which vomiting and diarrhoea are symptoms and fluid is lost).
Ensure that you do not overhydrate though – this can result in a condition called hyponatraemia in which blood sodium levels drop too low.
Adding a filtration system to your home will help you drink more water, use less plastic and never worry about having to refill a jug.
Should you have more questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!
We are ready to help!
YOU CAN ORDER A WATER DRINKING KIT ONLINE FROM OUR WEBSITE.
If you need your water tested contact us!
- +27(0)21 556 7418